About Me

Billy and I have been together for 8 years, and we have had so much fun together. He proposed to me August of 2006, and we got married February 6th, 2009. We have a lot of friends and family, and hopefully this blog will help to keep everyone updated.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

the first appointment

So Thursday was a little bit stressful. We were scheduled for our first appointment, and I thought I was 13 weeks along. We have waited to see the doctor because I was trying to get on Billy's health insurance, and it was supposed to begin December 1st. About an hour before the appointment, Billy found out that his insurance wont add me until open enrollment in March. Of course I freaked out, but I called the doctors office to ask how much the appointment will cost without insurance, and also discussed if I should use my crappy insurance I already had, or go as a cash patient. I decided it was better to pay cash, since my maternity deductable was $12,000, so its just going to be a little rough until March.

Because of all the confusion with the insurance, Billy didn't get off at 12:30 when he wanted, so he met me at the office. We saw a midwife, and everyone there was very nice. They did all the typical first appointment stuff; we choose not to do any of the optional blood tests since we were paying for it out of pocket, and I was told the bloodwork will be $800! We got to hear the heartbeat since I was pretty far along, she said it was right on track. However, she thought the baby felt a little small, so she suggested doing an ultrasound to see how far along we really are.

They brought the machine right into my room and did one right away. She showed us where the heart was, and the hands were moving around. The baby also did some wild movements, flipping around like a fish. I don't think it like the ultrasound wand pushing on it. So the baby looked healthy, but the measurements said I was only about 10 weeks along (instead of the 13 weeks I thought I was). Darn, not out of the first trimester yet.

So overall, there is definitely a baby in there. The new due date is June 30th. (same as Katie's due date!) And, we are going to be poor for a little while =)

Here is the ultrasound picture for 10 weeks. the head is on the left.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited you started a blog! You'll get the hang of it the more you use it. Just give me a call if you have any questions. There are tons of websites for cute backgrounds and stuff...I generally use leeloublogs.blogspot.com. I'm excited to see the baby and glad its healthy! Can't wait to meet him/her in June!

    ReplyDelete